AS REAL AS IT GETS WITHOUT LEAVING THE GROUND!
The Virtual Aerospace Fear Of Flying session is quite different from many of the large group type courses ran by the airlines, at Virtual Aerospace you are 1 to 1 with an airline pilot creating a much more relaxed and personal environment and one where you set the pace, we encourage you to ask as many questions as you want and at any time during the flight.
By using a state of the art flight simulator we are able to replicate most of the sensations involved in a normal airline flight, our simulators have a small cabin section so upon boarding the simulator you really do feel like you have got into a real aircraft.
Whats involved in a typical session?
- When arrive at our reception you will be greeted by one of our operations staff who will show you to our briefing room
- You will then be introduced to your pilot for the day who will be an experienced commercial pilot able to answer any questions you have
- You will then spend up to an hour in a briefing where your pilot will learn more about you and your fear as well as talk to you about how aircraft fly.
- Its then off to the simulator, this is a complete replica of a real aircraft.
- You will then complete a short flight of approx 60 minutes where you can talk to your pilot at any time, some customers even decide to leave their passenger seat and sit next to the pilot and as their fear dissipates some even have a go at the controls!
- At the end of the flight its back to the briefing room for a debriefing, most people feel elated at this point having made an enormous leap in their understanding and control of their emotions.
The beginning of the end
Our flight simulators have helped many people if not enjoy, certainly able to cope with flying again. They are then able to go on holiday or travel the world without this terrible fear dominating. The techniques we employ have been developed over the past 5 years of running these sessions, they are highly effective and have worked for countless people before you.
“Unbelievable, interesting and completely engaging, being able to actually sit in the cockpit and ask questions during the simulated flight i not only felt more comfortable, i actually enjoyed myself. This is so realistic you will totally forget you are not on a real aircraft. Mrs P Shields, Guilford”
“I booked my course 1 week before i was due to go on my first holiday in 10 years, i was utterly terrified and fully prepared to not even get into the simulator which looked exactly like a real aircraft, it even smelled real. However after the door was closed i found i had to keep reminding myself that i was still on the ground and that it wasn’t real. It took me a further 15 minutes to completely calm down, something i find impossible on a real aircraft and being able to ask questions directly to the captain made all the difference. This experience has given me an enormous sense of achievement. During my real flight i told myself i was just in the simulator and within 15 minutes i felt calm enough to watch a film – upon landing i was overwhelmed having got over my fear and during the flight back i even enjoyed it a little. Everybody with a severe fear of flying or in my case anything to do with aircraft should do this course it has literally changed my life Mr Varley, Essex“